Chiropractors are often preferred providers for back and neck pain treatment. In fact, many people only see a chiropractor when they are experiencing pain in those areas. While chiropractic adjustments can be very effective in relieving discomfort, there are other reasons to see a chiropractor regularly.
One of the most important benefits of chiropractic care is that it helps keep the spine healthy and functioning properly. Chiropractors assess spinal health by taking x-rays and using other diagnostic tools to determine if there are any misalignments or problems with the bones, discs, or joints in the spine. If there are, chiropractors can provide adjustments or other treatments to help correct them. This not only relieves pain but also helps prevent future problems from developing.
Lower Back Adjustments for Health and Well-Being
At Tenafly Chiropractic Center in Tenafly, NJ, we perform lower back adjustments. Our team of chiropractors is highly trained and experienced in using safe, effective techniques to help adjust the spine and reduce pain. We utilize a variety of manual manipulation techniques as well as instruments to help realign your spine and restore proper function. Our goal is to provide you with long-term relief from your pain and help maintain optimal spinal health.
If you are experiencing lower back pain, we encourage you to make an appointment at Tenafly Chiropractic Center for a comprehensive evaluation. Our team will take the time to understand your condition and develop a customized treatment plan tailored to your needs. With regular care, you can expect to find relief from your pain and improve your overall well-being.
Common Causes of Lower Back Pain
In many cases, lower back pain is caused by musculoskeletal issues such as:
- Muscle or Ligament Strain: When muscles or ligaments become overused, they can be strained, resulting in soreness and pain. As these tissues heal, the pain should subside over time.
- Bulging or Ruptured Discs: Discs between the vertebrae can become damaged and bulge out of place, causing pain and stiffness in the lower back. In some cases, these discs may even rupture, resulting in more severe pain.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a type of nerve pain that radiates from the lower back down the leg. It is often caused by irritation of the sciatic nerve due to a herniated disc or pinched nerve in the spine.
- Osteoarthritis: It occurs when the cartilage between joints begins to wear away, leading to pain and stiffness in the lower back. Your chiropractor can recommend treatments to help manage the pain.
- Spinal Stenosis: Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal that can cause compression of the nerves and lead to lower back pain. Chiropractic adjustments can help reduce pressure on these nerve roots and alleviate symptoms.
- Spondylolisthesis: While spondylolisthesis is not always painful, if it causes pain, it can be treated with a lower back adjustment. Spondylolisthesis occurs when one vertebra slips out of place and onto the bone below it. This can happen for many reasons, such as injury, birth defects, or osteoarthritis.
- Sacroiliac Dysfunction: Sacroiliac dysfunction can cause pain in the lower portion of the spine, buttocks, and legs. This condition occurs when there is too much or too little movement in the sacroiliac joint connecting the spine to the pelvis.
- Poor Posture: Poor posture can cause fatigue, muscle and joint pain, restricted mobility, and even headaches. The lower adjustments help improve posture by relieving tension in the spine and muscle tissues. This helps realign the spine into a natural position and reduces stress on adjacent joints.
Reasons You May Need Lower Back Adjustments
Lower back pain can be a very common issue. It can range from mild discomfort to debilitating pain, and it’s important to know the signs so that you can get help as soon as possible. Here are a few symptoms to look out for:
- Aching or stiffness in your lower back: Some people experience aching or stiffness throughout their lower back, while others experience it in specific areas.
- Pain that radiates into the buttocks, thighs, and feet: If you’re feeling the pain that travels down your legs, this can be a sign of a more serious issue.
- Difficulty standing up straight: As lower back pain gets worse; you may have difficulty standing up straight or find yourself slouching as a way to ease the discomfort.
- Increased pain when engaging in activities: Since lower back pain is usually caused by overuse, you may feel more pain when engaging in activities such as walking, running, or lifting.
- Pain that worsens at night: Lower back pain can also worsen due to poor sleeping postures and lack of movement during sleep.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control: If you’re experiencing loss of bladder or bowel control, this is a sign of a severe issue, and you should seek immediate medical attention.
- Difficulty sleeping: As previously mentioned, poor sleeping postures can lead to an increase in lower back pain during the night. If your pain prevents you from getting restful sleep, it may be time to seek help.
Some Chiropractic Treatments for Lower Back Adjustments
At the Tenafly Chiropractic Center, we offer a variety of chiropractic treatments to help manage and reduce lower back pain. These include:
- Manual Adjustments: Manual adjustments are one of the most common types of chiropractic treatment used to relieve lower back pain. During an adjustment, your chiropractor will use their hands and specially developed techniques to carefully move the joints in your lower back. This helps reduce any tension or pressure in the area, which can help alleviate pain.
- Soft Tissue Therapy: Soft tissue therapy is a type of massage that uses various techniques to manipulate the muscles and ligaments surrounding your spine. These techniques target areas of tightness and discomfort and help to reduce pain and improve mobility.
- Exercise Therapy: This therapy is also used to treat lower back pain. Your chiropractor may suggest specific exercises that target the muscles in your lower back and abdomen, as well as strengthening exercises for core stability and posture correction. This helps to build strength in the areas surrounding the spine, which can reduce pain and improve stability.
Contact Us Today for Lower Back Adjustment in Tenafly, NJ
If you’re experiencing lower back pain, don’t hesitate to our chiropractor in Tenafly. Our team of experienced chiropractors can help diagnose and treat your lower back issues so you can get back to a pain-free life. Whether you need manual adjustments, soft tissue therapy, or exercise therapy, our team is here to help. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.